What is somatropin?
Qomatropin 12mg 36iu Cartridge
- It is a Recombinant human growth hormone somatropin (rDNA origin) preparation for injection.
- Given Subcutaneously only.
- Mix gently before use.
Therapeutic Indications: Qomatropin 12mg 36iu Cartridge
Somatropin is advisable for a indelible treatment of children who possess growth disturbances due to the following conditions:-
- Short height/personality due to less secretion of pituitary growth hormone.
- Turner syndrome
- Chronic kidney disease
- Inherited small stature
- Prader Willi syndrome
- For replacement therapy
Is somatropin good for height growth?
It does promote growth of children but as epiphyseal growth plates present in the bones are closed , somatropin no longer increases the height but is still needed by the body.
Recommended dosage: Qomatropin 12mg 36iu Cartridge
0.025 – 0.035 mg/kg body weight per day or 0.7 – 1.0 mg/m² body surface area per day. Even higher doses have been used.
Contraindications: Qomatropin 12mg 36iu Cartridge
- It should not be given to individuals who possess risk of cancers.
- Hypersensitive patients to somatropin or any of its active ingredients.
- It should not be consumed by children with closed epiphyses as it will not produce the required effect.
- Patients with heart problems, those who suffered from stroke or kidney diseases.
- Patients who had surgeries.
- Accidental and trauma cases.
At what time its injection must be given?
Natural Growth hormone is produced in the body mostly while sleeping.
Thus, you utilize the effect of somatropin injection to the fullest it must be given during bedtime.
Drug Interactions: Qomatropin 12mg 36iu Cartridge
Glucocorticoids:- it hinders the growth promoting action or effects of somatropin.
Compounds which are metabolized by cytochrome P450 enzymes are cleared more rapidly by somatropin in individuals who are growth hormone deficient.
At what age it must be administered?
Growth hormone or somatotropin must be administered at an early age in order to get the desired effect.
Ideal age is suggested to be 4-6 years old.
After the closure of the epiphyseal plate or after the end of the growth period it is not that effective in terms of body growth though it might still have other requirements.
Use in Special Populations: Qomatropin 12mg 36iu Cartridge
Somatropin is not recommended or adviced in pregnant women or those who want to conceive as it may cause serious teratogenic effects in the fetus and can prove fatal for it. It should also be avoided in women who are under lactation period since it may get transferred to the feeding newborn.
Mechanism of Action: Qomatropin 12mg 36iu Cartridge
- Somatropin causes metabolism of proteins, lipids and carbohydrates.
- In malnourished or stunted growth children; it increases linear growth and also the rate of extension.
- It increases the body’s nitrogen retention which helps it in maintaining normal body composition in both children and adults.
- It is an incentive for skeletal muscle growth, and body fat mobilization.
- Most responsive tissue towards somatropin is visceral adipose tissue.
- It also increases insulin like growth factor – I and insulin like growth factor binding protein 3.
Benefits: Qomatropin 12mg 36iu Cartridge
- It is used in the following situations:- growth failure, growth hormone deficiency, intestinal disorder (short bowel syndrome) or HIV-related weight loss or wasting.
- Increases height in children ( until epiphyseal plates are closed )
Side effects: Qomatropin 12mg 36iu Cartridge
Headache, nausea, gagging, migraine vomiting,frazzle, tiredness, dizziness, muscle pain, or weakness may occur.
Tell your croaker right down if you have any serious side goods, including: nausea/vomiting that doesn’t stop, development of a limp, unusual tiredness, unusual/unexplained weight gain, cold wave doagmatism, frazzle, fast/slow heartbeat, ear pain/itching, hearing problems, hipsterism/knee pain, numbness/tingling, unusual increase in thirst or urination, swelling hands/ankle bases, change in the appearance or size of any operative, severe stomach/abdominal pain.
Get medical help right down if you have any veritably serious side goods including: vision problems/changes, seizure, severe headache.
Rare (conceively fatal) lung/breathing problems may be caused by this drug in children with Prader-Willi pattern. Those at advanced threat include males, operasively fat children, or those with serious lung/breathing problems ( such as sleep apnea, lung infections, lung complaint). Children should be checked for certain breathing problems (upper airway inhibition) before and during treatment. Tell the croaker right away if these signs do.
Somatropin may increase your threat of excrescence or cancer. Discuss the details and the pitfalls and benefits of this drug with your croaker.
- Keep cooled between 2-8 °C.
- Cover from sun
- Keep it down from children